Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Day two of my sugar detox

and so far so good. I've even got Paul doing it and he is having a hard time but hasn't as far as I know given in. I have a little headache though so I had to make a smoothie and use some of the higher glycemic index fruit in order to get past the cravings and help with the headache. I wish I'd remembered to take pics of it because it was so good. I will post the recipe in a bit.

I slept in the spare room last night because Paul wouldn't stop snoring and I slept so great. Im just going to do it from now on at the first sound of snoring rather than fuss with him all night. Not worth it. He still snores and I get no rest.

The last two days at the gym have kicked my ass but I'm hoping that by really sticking with my diet and working out hard I can drop some weight before Mike comes home at the end of July. I also committed to joining the Columbus Road Runners. I have wanted to for awhile but always felt as though I couldn't keep up. Hell I may not be able to but at least it will get me into more of a runners mode and also into training for the half in November which I need desperately.

Mango/Pineapple Smoothie

6 oz greek yogurt
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
1 cup pineapple
1 cup mango
1/2 cup ice

Blend well. Serves 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment