Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Several Updates

It has been a few days since I've posted but I've had a great excuse. My computer died completely and I had to go and purchase another one. It was due time but I still hated to spend the money especially with the trip we will be making to Ky very soon for Mikes homecoming.

So anyhow I think I mentioned that I had been doing the new WW plan. I may have also mentioned that I hadn't really been losing any weight with it so I went to see a nutritionist. He basically told me that I wasn't eating nearly enough and that my metabolism was in one word, 'fried'. I needed to rewire it and get it working again and the only way to do that was as contrary as it seems was to feed my body far more calories than I have been giving it. We figured that with the WW plan I was eating about 1,000 to 1200 calories per day which if I did nothing but sit on a couch all day may be ok but since I workout like crazy it is not conducive to weight loss. Based on my age, weight and activity levels I need approx 1641 calories per day in order to lose weight and that is based on working out and burning about 400 calories per day during a 5 day a week workout schedule. If I were to begin working out more than that or if I were to slow down my workouts then I'd need to readjust my daily calories. Even this isn't apparently enough with my shot metabolism so Im calorie cycling which basically means that on a couple days I will eat very high calories, on a couple days I will go down to the lowest amount of about 1200. The rest of the days I'd eat a moderate amount of around 1400 per day. I've also been told that in the first couple of weeks I may not lose any weight at all but that I should not be discouraged because it could take a month to give my metabolism the  jolt it needs . I've agreed to give it a shot and I'm doing the best I can with food choices and I am counting my calories.

Paul got in last night from his TDY. I was a little mad at him because he smoked while he was gone. He wasn't going to tell me but I smelled it on him. He fessed up and apologized. I asked him if he really wants to not smoke because if he is going to sneak around behind my back I'd rather him just tell me he doesn't not want to stop. He told me that he doesn't want to, he does want to stop and that when he is gone its harder and he doesn't know why he does it. I sort of think its bullshit.

Well it looks like my boy is in single digits as far as his deployment goes. I am so happy that I can't stand it. I am so looking forward to hugging his neck. I just wish I could see Travis too. Maybe one day he too will have his life together. I pray for that everyday.

So that is it for now. I'm looking forward to seeing what the next weeks hold.

No comments:

Post a Comment